Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hands on New York Day!

Hey!

This past weekend was the 14th Annual Hands on New York Day!

Over 6,500 people got together to paint, clean and freshen up some 100 parks, gardens, playgrounds, community centers, homeless shelters, and schools across the five boroughs. This was their most successful one to date. If you were there, I hope you had fun--it is a great way to welcome the spring to New York!








Unfortunately, I didn't know about it until I saw it on TV that morning, but I would have loved to join in on the festivities. I'll put it on our calendar for next year--a little SuperForest outing!

They've raised over $88,000 so far which goes towards all different ongoing volunteer programs. It is organized through New York Cares. If you are looking to volunteer, but you don't know where to start, check them out.

Get outside today!

niki

1 comment:

Jay Dee said...

It is a great idea!
Congratulations!

Kiss