Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ride a Bike to City Bakery!

Hey Everyone!

I was strolling by City Bakery the other morning when I saw this sign:


How rad!
Then, I went home and checked out the websites listed--Check out www.buildagreenbakery.com. It is a bakery on Charles and Seventh Ave. South in the West Village called Birdbath that is totally revolutionary. The walls are made of wheat, the counter tops are recycled paper, the cups are corn, the floors are reclaimed wood, they are wind-powered, they use local honey and milk....the list goes on and on. They even bake the goods in the east village and have rickshaws bike them over to the west side.
I can't believe I haven't heard about them before today.....

Looks like me and my Strida bike have a date over at the bakery later this evening.

Get riding (and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time!)
Niki