Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Strida Bikes--perfect wheels!




My wonderful husband got me an amazing birthday gift this year!

He knows how much I love riding around NYC on my bike, so he surprised me with a lovely Strida bike.

At first, I must admit, I was scared to ride it. It looks completely different than what I am used to and the city streets are enough of a challenge. But, after one day of riding it, I fell in love.

The ease of getting in and out of doorways, elevators, hallways....the simplicity of the design and then folding it up and putting it in my closet! Heaven!

What else could you want? (Ok, I'd like to be able to lock it up on the street and know that it will be there when I return, but that is just not going to happen.)

All the skeptical thoughts I had about the bike were nicely cleared up by the section on their website where the designer writes his tips for using the bike and debunks any myths you might have regarding the bikes ease and performance.

This bike is pretty close to perfection.

Happy Riding!!
Niki

1 comment:

Samantha said...

My husband did the same for my birthday and I agree that it's a great bike! It was the best option for me to get to a bus stop and then carry the bike on (since our buses don't have bike racks). I'm glad you enjoy your Strida too.