Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Virgin Galactic








Virgin Galactic has a very exciting thing going on.

For a fee, you can get a five minute experience of weightlessness.
You sit in a rocket, which is attached to a plane. The plane flies you up as high as planes can go, then drops the rocket.
The rocket fires its engines and you fly into low-Earth orbit. Then you can take pictures, look out the window at the majesty of the Earth below, and struggle mightily to keep your lunch inside you.

Exciting stuff.

Here's what I'd like: Yeah, weightlessness is cool, but I think it'd be cooler if I could get into the rocket in Burbank, fly up, blast into space, wait twenty minutes and then come down in say, London? Nairobi? Tokyo? Forget commercial airline travel. If I never have to get on another plane it will be far too soon.

Let's shrink the world some more. Give me a five hour trip to Hong Kong and I'll give you my undying loyalty and lots of my hard earned cash.

Check out their site, especially the movie they've got up about the future of the company.

Site here: Virgin Galactic

No comments: