Monday, August 18, 2008

Smashed Piano





Hello All,

Jackson here.

I was walking to work this afternoon and I noticed a big chunk of piano across the street in a pile of trash. I walked over and found it was a whole piano, lovingly smashed to pieces.

It was so beautiful, I couldn't help but stop and take a bunch of pictures.
While I was snapping away, a friendly woman who lived nearby came out and told me that the piano had been carried out in one piece by five men. When they had gotten it out of a nearby building and onto the sidewalk, they stood in a circle, each holding a sledgehammer, and smashed the piano into the chunks you see here.

Oh, to have been there to listen to that! Or better yet, to have been there just before they got to smashing and been able to say: What's shaking, amigos? Nice piano. You aren't preparing to smash it with those hammers are you? You are. Instead of that, may I, uh, have it? Great! Thanks ever so much.

But then we wouldn't have these photos now would we?






















New York is so rad. So raddy raddy rad rad.

P.S. Sledgehammers are so 90's. They should've used this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha thanks Jackson. The pictures as well as the video created a big smile on my face:).