Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A beautiful day

So, America made history today. Though half way across the world, my workmates and I huddled in our boss' office to watch the anticipated verdict on a tiny TV. I looked on as the Americans cheered, beamed, cried and were in every way overwhelmed by the result... "Senator Barack Obama elected 44th President of the United States". I sat in that office, ever so still, thinking of the significance of that very moment, and how I'll store it in my heart and mind as the day we made ourselves heard.

As I strolled back to my desk I noticed something I hadn't before. Something that, looking back, was pretty hard to miss a giant 'O' perched directly behind me. I couldn't resist.

High-five America, you are BEAUTIFUL.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes. We. Did.
Yes. We. Will.

Jackson Nash said...

I love that you all watched with as much anticipation as we did.

This was truly a planetary event. It went so far beyond politics.

This was a victory for the human race, and the opportunities that are already arising are too big to comprehend.

Next stop, Mars.

Red rocks, son!