Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Raise Your Antennas High!

I have a confession to make. I know I'm weak and should be stronger but... I just can't help myself. I have a soft spot for companies dedicated to the greater good.



So when friend and SuperForester Gaélle tipped us off to the amazing work being done by Antenna Technologies, well... I just had to post about it. And I know what you're thinking: "great, like I really need to hear about another organization providing clean water to third world nations, or low cost energy to the poor, battling malnutrition in starving children, or unifying traditional and modern medicine for those in need".

Well you do.

Because Antenna Tech doesn't just do one of those things, it does all of them, all over the world. Based out of Switzerland, this association of scientists, professor, researchers, and engineers work to develop and implement technology that benefits underprivileged communities in developing nations in need of the basic necessities of life. To quote their mission statement: "In order to cover the basic needs of the most vulnerable populations, it is essential to innovate and simplify certain technologies so that they can be made available and adapted to the socio-cultural conditions of these populations".

Working with global and national NGOs since 1989, Antenna has used innovations like their WATA chlorine purification products, their spirulina production programs, LED light technologies, and unified health studies and systems, to improve quality of life for those in need in places like Africa, Haiti, and India.

So yes, I know I'm weak to post about this awesome organization. But if loving do gooder companies is wrong, I don't want to be right. SuperForest hearts Antenna.

Now say three hail mary's, then go do some good!

Always merry and bright,
-jordan

No comments: