Saturday, November 1, 2008

Consume vs. Create

Good Morning SuperForest!

Lately, I've been feeling a bit down, and I realized something about myself:

My Consume/Create ratio was way off!

Because I care so much about the election, I've found myself spending hours online, reading the tea leaves, looking for any indication of which way the wind was blowing.

It all fun and games until you find yourself hitting refresh on Huffpo for the tenth time at 2 in the morning.

I realized that I have been creating less and simply consuming information, as much as I could get. No good.

I've decided to unplug. Get some writing and drawing done. Whoever gets elected will be president, and I'm cool with that.

If you are worried, anxious, nervous, agitated, worked-up, stressed...
Take a step back and see what you're consuming, then see if you can't ease the anxiety by making something with your hands.

If your Consume/Create ratio is off, simply adjust it until you feel positive again.

It's working for me, so far...

Until Tuesday.

Love Jackson

No comments: