Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kinship With All Life

The title of this post will be my theme for the week. It also happens to be the title of the first book my grandmother gave my father, and the first book (and same love-worn copy) that my father gave to me.

It is a wonderful book with an important message: that there is a universal language of love that transcends and translates amongst all living things. And with an open mind (and heart) we can communicate, and commune, with all life (animal and human).

This is something I'm sure most animal lovers or pet owners at one time or another have experienced, and it's a message that's personally had a lasting impact on my life. As a largely 'civilized', urban dwelling, technologically advanced species, we often forget our true context in the world, or lose touch with that special connection to nature.

This book is a wonderful reminder.

It's available here at Amazon or from the publisher.

No comments: