Friday, September 26, 2008

Operation NICE

Good Friday Ya'll!

I just ran across a most excellent blog and immediately thought of SuperForest's Humanifesto.

So naturally, I have to post it.





Operation NICE is the name. It is filled with all kinds of great ideas on how to share your niceness with others.

But don't take my word for it, here is the first post of the blog, from creator Melissa Morris Ivone:

The other day I was waiting for an elevator in my building with one other gentleman. As the elevator arrived, I hesitated. I usually let others enter first, as a courtesy. But this gentleman held out his hand, motioning me to the door. As I walked through, he said with a chuckle, "You didn't really think I was going to walk in here first, did you?" I responded, "Well, I don't like to take anything for granted nowadays."

That one minor gesture brightened my day! I started to think, "What a great world this would be if everyone had consideration for others." It's a shame that that's not the case currently. It's obvious that common courtesy is lacking in society today. Just drive down a major highway and you'll see that.

What we all need is a little NICE.

Operation NICE encourages individuals to be proactively NICE. Stop by to read some positive, upbeat news stories (yes, they exist) about nice people. Download some tools (coming soon!) to help you in your quest to communicate the concept of niceness. Share a story or two about how someone made your day.

It is not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game ever starts.
- Addison Walker

Beautifully put.



So do yourself a solid and check out Mrs. Melissa's awesome blog, and spread some nice this weekend!

Sincerely yours,

Spoon

No comments: