Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The DHS and Army.com Don't Accept Email?


(probably best not to send this guy money.)


SuperForest!

I just found out something really strange!

Today, when I checked my email, I found that someone was trying to work the old "Nigerian Scam" on me (absolutely no offense meant to any SuperForesters in Nigeria).
No surprise there, but what was strange was that this guy was posing as a member of the U.S. Army, and sent a copy of his military ID as proof of his good intentions.

Naturally, I felt like passing this on to both the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Army, but when I went to both sites, guess what I found out?

They do not accept email.

How this has come to pass is beyond me, but if someone wants to send the DHS or the Army info about someone posing as an officer, they will find that they cannot.

I would so love to be proven wrong.

Here are both sites:

Department of Homeland Security
Army.com

Will someone please show me how to send an email to either of these entities, and then please explain to me why they do not have a "send email" button front and center? I would email them and ask myself, but I'm not sure how.

When folks email you, you tend to learn new things, no?

The lack of both systems to be able to receive external info is really strange.
Let's get to the bottom of this.

Love,

Jackson

1 comment:

CSD Faux Finishing said...

Wow, that is so sad but looks like you're right on DHS - you can subscribe to email updates but not send one. On Army about 1/2 way down the page there is a customer service email address or HR but nothing security related. Might want to start there anyway.

Did you notice this disclaimer at the bottom of the page?

This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.

Interesting.

Could always call I suppose. Good luck with it!