Sunday, October 5, 2008

For the Love of a Dog

I guess it can only be called dramatic irony to write a post about kinship with sharks, only to find two days later, this story

When he saw his dog being attacked by a reef shark, a Florida man, Greg LeNoir, dove in and punched the shark to save his dog.  Wow!

In a way, you could call that a type of kinship.  Because only a very special bond with your pet drives a man to such a bold and heroic act.  And I guess you could call it communion as well.  Like: "Nooo!", or "Get away from my dog, sharkface!" and finally, "I love you Jake!"

Jake here being the rat-terrier.  Who suffered lacerations to his stomach and back, but is expected to make a full recovery.  That's one lucky dog, one loving owner, and one sore shark.



Like I said before, when it comes to sharks, there's nothing to be afraid of.  Now would I have jumped in for my dog... well, that's another story.

-jordan

No comments: