Thursday, October 23, 2008

Holes to Heaven


When it comes to stars, the sun seems to be getting all the attention on this blog. Solar Panels are a constant theme, The Sun Jar made a cameo, and just last week, Jackson posted some jaw dropping photos of it. As much as I love the sun, it seems like other stars in our beautiful universe are being left in the dark. Recently, I came across this great photo gallery featuring stars and found some pretty spectacular stuff.

Nobody knows how many stars exist, but to give you an idea, our universe contains more than 100 billion galaxies and in each of those galaxies an estimated 100 billion stars exist. Here are some pictures of just a few of those stars thanks to our friends at NASA.








Oddly enough, when I was looking at these pictures, I couldn’t help but think of David Bowie...




That's pretty far out man!

4 comments:

Iman said...

"How far out are you man?" Haha, that IS pretty far out sister!

Jackson Nash said...

Amazing!!!

Cripes I miss the Conchords

Carla said...

I miss them too. I can tell I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms when I watch mini marathons of their songs on YouTube. But no worries, Season 2 returns in January!

Anonymous said...

do they smoke grass out in space, Bowie, or do they smoke Astroturf?? Love this!